From: Gregory Woodbury <redwolfe@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] /dev/sda* missing at boot
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2011 12:55:12
1 On Sat, Aug 20, 2011 at 4:48 AM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
4 > I wish you could convince the devs of that. I already have /var on its own
5 > and was planning to put /usr on its own. I'm not now tho. Looks like /,
6 > /boot, /home and that's it for the OS part. It downright sucks.
7 >
8 > You planning to explain this to the devs? Maybe you will have better luck.
9 > They said it is a dev from Fedora that started this . . . . crap. ;-)
12 What's more, the Fedora dev who did this sh** believes that it's a
13 "religious issue" and refuses to discuss it. (personal experience)
14 He ignores the historical reasons, the advantages of separate partitions,
15 and even signed off on a bugzilla discussion as WONTFIX.