From: "João Matos" <jaoneto@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Nvidia and poor codec performance (sync)
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2014 14:07:04
1 When using mplayer, I switched between all possible output. I used to use
2 vdpau. I had the same problem with vlc and kaffeine. Nvidia vsync option
3 also haven't work.
6 2014/1/16 Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.com>
7
8 > On 16/01/14 03:12, João Matos wrote:
9 >
10 >> Dear list,
11 >>
12 >> I'm having problem to watch videos on Gentoo, since I can't remember. I
13 >> got stripes all the time, but it get worse iv the scene is fast.
14 >>
15 >> A couple days ago, a friend borrowed my Nvidia gt 240, and I started to
16 >> use my at-least-seven-year-old onboard Intel card. For my surprise, I
17 >> can watch any videos without problem.
18 >>
19 >> Unfortunately I didn't get my card back to do some testing, but I'd like
20 >> to share it with you to see if someone had any similar problem. My
21 >> system is ~amd64, including the nvidia-drivers.
22 >>
23 >> Thank you,
26 > The problem is Xv output. There seems to be a bug in driver that results
27 > in tearing and rendering corruption on the tearing line.
28 >
29 > VDPAU and GL output should be working correctly.
36 João Neto
37 Linux User #461527
38 http://br.linkedin.com/pub/jo%C3%A3o-de-matos/7/316/552