From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: off-topic: logitech mice (MX1000)
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 15:09:38
1 On 12/16/2009 07:51 PM, Allan Gottlieb wrote:
2 > At Wed, 16 Dec 2009 16:36:45 -0500 Albert Hopkins<marduk@×××××××××××.org> wrote:
3 >
4 >> FWIW, I have a Logitech mouse with a wheel that scrolls up and down,
5 >> presses down, and clicks left and right. All seem to work fine, except
6 >> I don't use the latter as I haven't found any purpose for it although I
7 >> could possibly see it replacing ALT-Tab. Nah... to confusing.
8 >
9 > Right. Mine (MX 1000) has those plus others (I inherited the mouse).
10 > My problem is that several of these send multiple events (i.e. clicking
11 > one physical button results in two button-down events for different X11
12 > buttons and then the corresponding two button-up events).
13
14 That's why I was wondering if just a simple front-or-back turn of the
15 wheel also produces two different button events for each notch -- you
16 should see only button-4 events for forward and only button-5 events for
17 backward. (I actually see two button-4 events for each notch forward,
18 but the 'state' differs between the first and second event.)