From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: dynamic deps, wtf are they exactly
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2015 01:28:05
1 On Sun, Sep 27, 2015 at 8:33 PM, Martin Vaeth <martin@×××××.de> wrote:
2 > Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> wrote:
3 >> There really wasn't much loud objection when the proposal came up
4 >> again last week
5 >
6 > This does not mean that everybody agreed.
7 > However, all arguments had been exchanged before,
8 > so repeating them would just have been pointless:
9 > Eventually a decision had to be made, and I am confident
10 > that it was made by the portage team in the full awareness
11 > of the positive and negative consequences of that decision,
12 > because all portage developers had participated in the
13 > previous discussion.
17 Sure, but the portage team can really only dictate the upstream
18 defaults of portage, not tree policy. I don't disagree with them, but
19 it wouldn't hurt to have the Council or QA weigh in just so that we're
20 not endlessly bickering about whether it is official or not.
23 Rich