From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Connecting a network printer
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2022 10:09:36
1 On Wednesday, 12 January 2022 23:31:56 GMT Dale wrote:
2
3 > I have a very similar printer and this is my settings from CUPS:
7 > Location: Local Printer
8 > Driver: C2325dw - IPP Everywhere (color, 2-sided printing)
9 > Connection: ipp://192.168.0.102
10
11 That Connection field is what I needed. Thanks Dale.
12
13 > If I recall correctly, the printer uses DHCP so I let it pick its first
14 > IP itself and then I think I set it to use that from then on. I have a
15 > cell phone that connects to and don't want them switching IPs on me. It
16 > uses IPP to communicate. If you want to access the printer directly, to
17 > see toner cartridge levels, adjust printer settings etc, just point a
18 > browser to the IP address.
19 >
20 > If you are connecting to a router, I'd access the router and see if the
21 > router is seeing the printer first thing. If you require passwords, you
22 > may need to enter the password on the printer panel, I did. Once you
23 > can access the printer in a web browser, you can adjust things easier.
24
25 In fact I've taken the belt-and-braces approach. I have the address defined in
26 /etc/hosts and in the local DNS, and it's also associated with the MAC address
27 in the router.
28
29 > Does that help any?
30
31 It does. I've just spent an hour stepping through the process of adding the
32 printer, writing down everything I did and saw. Then I went back and tried
33 your suggestion and it worked straight away.
34
35 Thanks again.
38 Regards,
39 Peter.