From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Package management, depclean and new installs
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2021 21:37:39
1 On Mon, 4 Oct 2021 21:31:35 +0200, Arve Barsnes wrote:
2
3 > > On Mon, 4 Oct 2021 10:33:58 +0200, Arve Barsnes wrote:
4 > > I picked up this tip some years ago to avoid depcleaning kernel
5 > > sources.
6 > >
7 > > % cat /etc/portage/sets.conf
8 > > [kernels]
9 > > class = portage.sets.dbapi.OwnerSet
10 > > world-candidate = False
11 > > files = /usr/src
12 > >
13 > > and emerge -n @kernels
14 >
15 > Interesting way to do it. I want them depcleaned though, as soon as I
16 > confirm that the new kernel works as expected. I use a custom
17 > patch-set, so I never have any updates unless I add them myself, so
18 > I'm not sure if using a set would give me anything.
19
20 Fair enough. I use standard gentoo-sources but always like to keep at
21 least one previous version available "just in case". I unmerge old
22 versions manually, I have to delete kernel sources manually anyway as
23 emerge only removes the files it installed, leaving all the files created
24 when compiling the kernel.
28 Neil Bothwick
29
30 Power corrupts - absolute power is even more fun.