From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: gentoo announces total website makeover :-)
Date: Thu, 02 Apr 2015 15:35:24
1 On 2015-04-02, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > Well, let's not forget about having the word "login:" burned into the
4 > screen too. Me, I always turned mine off when I left for the day.
5 > Everyone else tho, they could see their login prompt all the time, just
6 > in a slightly different color. o_-
7
8 Except there was the time that IT told everbody to _stop_ turning
9 their terminals off at night because the daily power cycling was
10 killing the power supplies in the terminals (VT220 and VT240, IIRC).
11
12 By that point, I think the terminals may have had a screen saving
13 feature...
16 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! Wait ... is this a FUN
17 at THING or the END of LIFE in
18 gmail.com Petticoat Junction??