From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gentoo announces total website makeover :-)
Date: Thu, 02 Apr 2015 01:52:15
1 Bill Kenworthy wrote:
2 > On 01/04/15 18:15, Dale wrote:
3 >> Peter Humphrey wrote:
4 >>> On Wednesday 01 April 2015 20:10:44 Adam Carter wrote:
5 >>>> I love the serial console style cursor sweep across the screen. Ahh that
6 >>>> takes me back.
7 >>> Me too.
8 >>>
9 >>> I was just trying to remember the type number of the serial consoles we
10 >>> used. No joy so far, but then it was 30 years ago.
11 >>>
12 >> I like it but it was slow to load. Maybe it will settle out soon.
13 >>
14 >> I think I started on a Wyse 50 terminal. Heck, at one point, the main
15 >> server had a 25MHz CPU even. Dang I'm getting old. o_O
16 >>
17 >> Dale
18 >>
19 >> :-) :-)
20 >>
21 > Dang it ... I see another "get off the grass" thread...
22 >
23 > wyse terminals, vt100's, lovely green or amber screens - those were the
24 > days! What was I saying about grass?
25 >
26 > BillK
31 Well, let's not forget about having the word "login:" burned into the
32 screen too. Me, I always turned mine off when I left for the day.
33 Everyone else tho, they could see their login prompt all the time, just
34 in a slightly different color. o_-
35
36 Oh, I usually fixed the keyboards after someone spilled Dr Pepper on
37 them too. Start off with water, hot if possible, then move up to 99%
38 alcohol. Once that is done, place the keyboard on the A/C condenser
39 outside and let the heat and fans dry it. Since they regularly were
40 blowing 150F air, it doesn't take long.
41
42 I'm getting to old. :-(
43
44 Dale