From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] nfs warning: mount version older than kernel
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 18:27:48
1 Will do. portmap is running on both machines but neither machine has
2 rcpinfo. What package do I emerge?
3
4 dragonfly ~ # rcpinfo -p
5 -bash: rcpinfo: command not found
6 dragonfly ~ # slocate rcpinfo
7 dragonfly ~ #
8
9 Thanks much,
10 Mark
11
12 On 9/23/05, Bryan Whitehead <driver@×××××××××.net> wrote:
13 > first, make sure portmap is running on both machines. I'm sure it is but
14 > check anyhow. Also make sure they are not wildly different versions. Do
15 > the same for util-linux package.
16 >
17 > run 'rpcinfo -p' on each machine and copy/paste the output. I have a
18 > feeling one kernel has NFS v3 and another has NFS v4...
19 >