From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Best webmail
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 11:28:18
1 On 27 Jun 2006, at 22:25, kashani wrote:
2 >>>>
3 >>>> http://www.roundcube.net/
4 >>>
5 >>> Unfortunately after a nice release back in Feb the project is
6 >>> looking like it's dead in the water.
7 >> What makes you say that? The changelog seems to suggest activity.
8 >> http://trac.roundcube.net/trac.cgi/wiki/Changelog
9 >
10 > The forums were down for a month while CVS up and disappeared.
11 > Looks like they were transitioning to SVN which makes me feel
12 > better, but almost five months without a release doesn't thrill me
13 > especially when there are so many things that could be worked on.
14
15 I'm not _immensely_ fussed about releases if I can get an up-to-date
16 version from SVN in the meantime. If a developer has to choose a
17 priority between bug-fixing & releases I can sympathise with a choice
18 to fix bugs or add features.
19
20 > The changelog isn't very impressive either IMHO. I'd rather see
21 > features like global address books being worked on rather than what
22 > I interpret to be mostly cosmetic changes. YMMV.
23
24 You obviously have hands-on experience with RoundCube, which I don't.
25 How are addressbooks implemented at the moment? I would prefer to see
26 then access an LDAP directory.
27
28 Stroller.
33 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list