From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] how to change drivers?
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 11:09:23
1 On Mon, 14 Nov 2005 10:56:45 +0100, Fernando Meira wrote:
2
3 > I have a Linksys WPC54G wireless card - Network controller: Broadcom
4 > Corporation BCM4306 802.11b/g Wireless LAN Controller (rev 03)
5 > and I been using Ndiswrapper with no problems. The thing is that I
6 > can't use kismet with windoze drivers.. so, I've heard that I could use
7 > Orinoco driver with this card, though I found in many sites that with
8 > Broadcom chips the only way was Windoze drivers!
9
10 It is. The information needed to write a driver for this chip is not
11 available, and probably never will be. There is some work on
12 reverse-engineering a driver, but it is far from complete.
16 Neil Bothwick
17
18 WinErr 018: Unrecoverable error - System has been destroyed. Buy a new
19 one. Old Windows licence is not valid anymore.