From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Firefox 3 automatic spell check broken
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 15:06:03
1 On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 8:15 AM, Mike Mazur <mmazur@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 9:24 AM, Paul Hartman
5 > <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com> wrote:
6 >> I may have already missed it in this thread -- but I must ask the obvious:
7 >>
8 >> If you right-click in a text-entry field, is "Check spelling" enabled?
9 >
10 > This was it.
11 >
12 > When I right clicked in a text area, I didn't see the "Check spelling"
13 > option, but I did see "Add dictionaries..." which brought me to the
14 > addons.mozilla.com Dictionary & Language Packs site[1]. I installed
15 > the US English pack and now spell checking works as expected.
16 >
17 > I had no clue I had to install the language pack myself. Isn't that
18 > portage's job?
19 >
20 > Thank you so much for that pointer!
21 > Mike
22 >
23 > [1] https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/browse/type:3
24
25 That's good to hear! I completely forgot about that option, too, until
26 I accidentally noticed it and remembered this thread. I'm glad I could
27 (belatedly) help.
28
29 Thanks,
30 Paul