From: Mike Mazur <mmazur@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Firefox 3 automatic spell check broken
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 14:15:36
1 Hi,
2
3 On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 9:24 AM, Paul Hartman
4 <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com> wrote:
5 > I may have already missed it in this thread -- but I must ask the obvious:
6 >
7 > If you right-click in a text-entry field, is "Check spelling" enabled?
8
9 This was it.
10
11 When I right clicked in a text area, I didn't see the "Check spelling"
12 option, but I did see "Add dictionaries..." which brought me to the
13 addons.mozilla.com Dictionary & Language Packs site[1]. I installed
14 the US English pack and now spell checking works as expected.
15
16 I had no clue I had to install the language pack myself. Isn't that
17 portage's job?
18
19 Thank you so much for that pointer!
20 Mike