From: Valmor de Almeida <val.gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] thunderbird small fonts on hidpi
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2020 14:20:00
1 On Thu, Jun 25, 2020 at 3:42 AM Michael <confabulate@××××××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > On Thursday, 25 June 2020 09:59:46 BST Valmor de Almeida wrote:
4 > > Hello,
5 > > Does anyone know how to fix Thunderbird UI fonts on a HiDPI
6 > > Gentoo/OpenBox system with no desktop?
7 > > A similar problem exists with Firefox but it can be fixed using a CSS
8 > > file (userChrome.css). However I can't get Thunderbird to work using a
9 > > similar fix. The UI fonts are so small that the app is useless.
10 > > Thanks,
11 > > --
12 > > Valmor
13 >
14 > Hi Valmor, I'd think TB also uses CSS to modify the look of the GUI - but I
15 > don't have it installed on this PC to check its file structure. This post
16 > suggests so:
17 >
18 > https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1269224#answer-1282444
19 >
20 > I also found this Addon which claims to do just what you're after, but I have
21 > not tried it out:
22 >
23 > https://addons.thunderbird.net/en-US/thunderbird/addon/theme-font-size-changer-for-tb/
24
25 Thanks Michael.
26 The CSS info is more detailed than what I had. Initially it did not
27 help but I noticed the cyan color appeared on the menu bar. Hence I
28 increased font sizes to 25 and 30 and it made a difference.
29 However various places still have the small fonts; e.g. dialog windows
30 for say, configuring an email account, etc. This will require some
31 fine tuning...
32 Later,
33 --
34 Valmor