From: "Stefán István" <stefi@××××××××××××.hu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] enable hal in kde
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 13:29:02
1 péntek 20 július 2007 10.59 dátummal Alex Schuster ezt írta:
2 > Stefán István writes:
3 >
4 > > I've made the mistake that I compiled kde without the hal use flag.
5 > > How can I find out which kde packages should be recompiled in order to
6 > > be able to use hal in kde?
7 >
8 > Use the --newuse (-N) option to emerge:
9 >
10 > emerge --newuse --deep kde
11 >
12 > Looks to me like kdebase would be affected only.
13 >
14 > But I would update the whole system with emerge --newuse --deep world, so
15 > all applications will benefit from HAL.
16
17 I've made the world update width the hal useflag, but in kde I still can't
18 activate hal. In the Control Panel -> Peripherials > Storage Media > Advanced
19 the "Enable HAL backend" is still inactiv and says "No support for HAL on
20 this system".
21
22 I used the emerge -uavDN world command, but it upgraded only one kde package:
23 kdebase-kioslaves.
24
25 I didn't use the "emerge --newuse --deep kde" command you mentioned, because I
26 installed the kde packages separatly.
27
28 What else should I reemerge?
29
30 Thanks,