From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] enable hal in kde
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 13:45:45
1 On Fri, 20 Jul 2007 15:20:54 +0200, Stefán István wrote:
2
3 > I've made the world update width the hal useflag, but in kde I still
4 > can't activate hal. In the Control Panel -> Peripherials > Storage
5 > Media > Advanced the "Enable HAL backend" is still inactiv and says "No
6 > support for HAL on this system".
7 >
8 > I used the emerge -uavDN world command, but it upgraded only one kde
9 > package: kdebase-kioslaves.
12 According to equery hasuse, that's the only KDE package affected. Did you
13 restart KDE? Is hald running?
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 If at first you don't succeed, well...darn.