From: Holly Bostick <motub@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] /usr/local/portage does not seem to have a valid PORTDIR structure.
Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2005 16:32:48
1 Norberto Bensa schreef:
2 > Hello list,
3 >
4 > I'm trying to make an ebuild for kbfx
5 > (http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=24898) but when I do:
6 >
7 > sudo ebuild ./kbfx-0.4.8beta.ebuild digest
8 >
9 > I get:
10 >
11 > Appending /usr/local/portage to PORTDIR_OVERLAY... !!!
12 > /usr/local/portage does not seem to have a valid PORTDIR structure.
13 >
14 > This seems new in portage-2.0.53rc7. What is it and how do I fix
15 > this?
18 > Many thanks in advance,
19
20 I'm not sure if this is the answer, since I've not seen that error, but
21 I have had many errors based on the fact that my overlay ebuild was not
22 placed in the same tree structure as Portage -- and it does rather sound
23 like that's what this error is saying.
24
25 For example, let's say you make an alternative ebuild for... (make
26 something up)... mplayer.
27
28 The overlay ebuild would have to be placed in (assuming your overlay is
29 /usr/local/portage)
30
31 /usr/local/portage/media-video/mplayer/mplayer-whatever.ebuild
32
33 If you placed it in
34 /usr/local/portage/media-video/mplayer-whatever.ebuild, or
35 /usr/local/portage/mplayer/mplayer-whatever.ebuild you would get an
36 error, because the Portage tree structure is
37
38 /portage/directory/category/packagename/package-ver.sion.ebuild
39
40 Any other format will not be recognized, and you will get one of a
41 variety of errors.
42
43 So I would first suggest that you make sure your ebuild is correctly
44 placed in the correct tree structure, and then I would digest it by full
45 path, rather than from within the directory, as you seem to be doing.
46
47 Afaik, the syntax of the ebuild command requires the full path, even if
48 you're at the correct location.
49
50 Hope this helps,
51 Holly