From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Issue 3 - CD Playing
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 14:26:37
1 On Wed, October 19, 2011 7:39 am, Colleen Beamer wrote:
2 >
3 > Semi-solved.
4 >
5 > On 10/18/11 19:21, Mark Knecht wrote:
6 >> On Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 4:16 PM, Colleen Beamer
7 >> <colleen.beamer@×××××.com> wrote:
8 >>> Hi everyone,
9 >>>
10 >>>
11 >>> My CD drive will read data CD's, but will not play audio CD's. I've
12 >>> tried with kscd and Kaffeine.
13 >>>
14 >>>
15 >>> When I try to play an audio CD in kaffeine, I get an alert box that
16 >>> says:
17 >>> Cannot find input plgin for MRL "cdda://"
18 > I can now play an audio CD in kaffeine. I have no idea what I did! I
19 > did add a couple of packages and because of this changed some use flags
20 > and updated my system with --newuse, but that's all I did.
21 >
22 > However, I still cannot play a CD in kscd.
23
24 Hi Colleen,
25
26 I didn't find it in this thread yet, but I am wondering if you have the
27 CD-drive connected to the soundcard or not.
28
29 Some applications will "rip" and play the cdda-tracks directly from the
30 CD. Others will simply tell the CD-drive to play an audio-cd and have the
31 cd-drive do the decoding.
32 In the latter case, the audio-signal goes over a little cable from the
33 cd-drive to the soundcard.
36 Joost