From: Andrew Gaydenko <a@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] another upgrading to gcc 4.x issue
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2006 09:25:21
1 Stefan,
2
3 It seems, you are a magician :-) - it helped at both cases, thanks!
4
5 ======= On Friday 01 September 2006 12:28, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote: =======
6 Andrew Gaydenko wrote:
7 > During 'emerge -e system' I have got emerge errors for two
8 > packages (sys-libs/db and sys-libs/pam). At both cases an
9 > error is something like this:
10 >
11 > ...
12 > checking for a BSD-compatible install... /bin/install -c
13 > checking for i686-pc-linux-gnu-cc... i686-pc-linux-gnu-cc
14 > checking for C compiler default output file name... configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables
15 > See `config.log' for more details.
16 > ...
19 > All other 120 packages were emerged without problems.
20 > Where to dig in?
21
22 Turn off CCACHE in your make.conf. This often helps here when I get this
23 msg. After merging this particular package you can turn it on again and
24 resume merging.
25
26 Stefan
29 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list