From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] another upgrading to gcc 4.x issue
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2006 08:36:03
1 Andrew Gaydenko wrote:
2 > During 'emerge -e system' I have got emerge errors for two
3 > packages (sys-libs/db and sys-libs/pam). At both cases an
4 > error is something like this:
5 >
6 > ...
7 > checking for a BSD-compatible install... /bin/install -c
8 > checking for i686-pc-linux-gnu-cc... i686-pc-linux-gnu-cc
9 > checking for C compiler default output file name... configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables
10 > See `config.log' for more details.
11 > ...
14 > All other 120 packages were emerged without problems.
15 > Where to dig in?
16
17 Turn off CCACHE in your make.conf. This often helps here when I get this
18 msg. After merging this particular package you can turn it on again and
19 resume merging.
20
21 Stefan
24 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list