From: Kevin Chadwick <ma1l1ists@××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [Bulk] Re: [gentoo-user] /etc/hosts include file?
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 23:41:09
1 > Don't waste time and effort on it. Put your
2 > effort into pounding away on a simple issue that people do understand...
3 > we're running out of IP addresses.
4
5 We have run out of unallocated ones, there are still loads of unused
6 ones and even more due to global NAT, and even some being released.
7
8 It is true eventually it will be an absolute problem but hopefully by
9 then we will have a cleaner ipv7. Lets hope ISPs get smarter as
10 recently they have gone downhill with all their *DANGEROUS* as cited by
11 snort.org and compulsory layer 7 sifting.
12
13 Until ipv6 is revised I can't see a day when there will be no ipv4.
17
18 'Write programs that do one thing and do it well. Write programs to work
19 together. Write programs to handle text streams, because that is a
20 universal interface'
21
22 (Doug McIlroy)