From: Dave Nebinger <dnebinger@××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] System update problems
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 19:17:34
1 > Any help appreciated.
2 >
3 > /usr/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: skipping incompatible
4 /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-
5 > gnu/../../libc.so when searching for -lc
6
7 Dude, I think your build chain is now in a 'hosed' state, probably as a
8 result of the migration that you were trying...
9
10 Since gentoo is a source-based distro you're going to have to get this
11 resolved before you can move forward.
12
13 Others might have a better suggestion, but I'd probably approach it as
14 follows:
15
16 1. back up the /etc directory.
17 2. back up the /var/lib/portage directory to keep your current world file.
18 3. follow the 2005.1 handbook to expand the initial portage base into your
19 root filesystem.
20 4. restore the /etc and /var/lib/portage directory contents.
21 5. emerge --sync the system
22 6. emerge --update --deep --emptytree --newuse world
23
24 The last step will take quite awhile to complete (depending upon what you've
25 deployed already), but it should rebuild everything including your build
26 chain.
27
28 Now, as I said I don't know if this is the best way and would recommend
29 hearing answers from others if they post any, and only look to this as a
30 *possible* solution.
35 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list