From: "Rupert Young (Restart)" <rupert.young@×××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] System update problems
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 21:50:04
1 Thanks.
2
3 > 3. follow the 2005.1 handbook to expand the initial portage base into your
4 > root filesystem.
5
6 By this do you mean downloading, unpacking and installing the thing called
7 "stage tarball"?
10 Regards,
11
12 Rupert
13
14 > -----Original Message-----
15 > From: Dave Nebinger [mailto:dnebinger@××××.com]
16 > Sent: 21 September 2005 20:12
17 > To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
18 > Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] System update problems
19 >
20 > > Any help appreciated.
21 > >
22 > > /usr/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: skipping incompatible
23 > /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-
24 > > gnu/../../libc.so when searching for -lc
25 >
26 > Dude, I think your build chain is now in a 'hosed' state, probably as a
27 > result of the migration that you were trying...
28 >
29 > Since gentoo is a source-based distro you're going to have to get this
30 > resolved before you can move forward.
31 >
32 > Others might have a better suggestion, but I'd probably approach it as
33 > follows:
34 >
35 > 1. back up the /etc directory.
36 > 2. back up the /var/lib/portage directory to keep your current world file.
37 > 3. follow the 2005.1 handbook to expand the initial portage base into your
38 > root filesystem.
39 > 4. restore the /etc and /var/lib/portage directory contents.
40 > 5. emerge --sync the system
41 > 6. emerge --update --deep --emptytree --newuse world
42 >
43 > The last step will take quite awhile to complete (depending upon what
44 > you've
45 > deployed already), but it should rebuild everything including your build
46 > chain.
47 >
48 > Now, as I said I don't know if this is the best way and would recommend
49 > hearing answers from others if they post any, and only look to this as a
50 > *possible* solution.
54 > --
55 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
60 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list