From: "Francisco J. A. Ares" <frares@×××××××××.br>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] adsl rp-pppoe - new baselayout problem
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 19:50:22
1 Raymond Lewis Rebbeck wrote:
2 > On Monday, 12 June 2006 3:49, Francisco J. A. Ares wrote:
3 >
4 >> Hi all
5 >>
6 >> Could anyone point me to some resource or share his/her "/etc/conf.d/net*"
7 >> ?
8 >>
9 >> I was using the (nowadays) old "/etc/init.d/rp-pppoe" script to
10 >> start/stop my adsl connection, but I did an "emerge world" without
11 >> looking at the messages that now the "net" script should handle all
12 >> possible types of connection, so now I don't know how to configure it.
13 >>
14 >> I have seen on the posts and on the foruns, but none of the presented
15 >> configurations has worked. PPPoE _is_ working, thanks to "tkpppoe", but
16 >> I'd prefer to go back to the init script.
17 >>
18 >> Thanks
19 >> Francisco
22 > Have you read /etc/conf.d/net.example?
26 Yes, I did, but id didn't help. I've also read the Gentoo installation
27 manual, where it says that the "/etc/conf.d/net" should consist of only
28 2 lines, and it also didn't solved my problem - I also have
29 /etc/ppp/pap-secrets correctly (I think) configured.
30
31 Surely I'm missing something, but can't find what.
32
33 Thanks anyway
34 --
35 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list