From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: This nite's switch to "full multilib"
Date: Thu, 02 Apr 2015 08:41:21
1 On Thu, 2 Apr 2015 07:21:01 +0200, Róbert Čerňanský wrote:
2
3 > Besides there is such database now - it is your (abused) package.use!
4 > You have to manually add entries to it and I do not know any database
5 > slower than human typing to a text file ;-) (There is autounmask option
6 > of course but then you allow portage to mess with your files which is
7 > not a good thing.)
8
9 Portage doesn't change your package.use file, it creates a new one using
10 the standard CONFIG_PROTECT process. Then you use etc-update or similar
11 to view and verify the changes.
15 Neil Bothwick
16
17 Get your grubby hands off my tagline! I stole it first!