From: "Róbert Čerňanský" <openhs@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: This nite's switch to "full multilib"
Date: Thu, 02 Apr 2015 05:21:14
1 On Thu, 02 Apr 2015 06:42:49 +0200
2 Sebastian Beßler <sebastian@××××××××××××.de> wrote:
3
4 > On 01.04.2015 19:28, Róbert Èeròanský wrote:
5 >
6 > > Big advantage of automatic deps over --autounmask is that auto deps
7 > > would not mess with user configuration files in /etc. Changed USE
8 > > flags would be stored internally by portage.
11 > Ok, but then you need a database (another file in /etc/portage/) for
12 > all of the active use flags that are set by the installed packages.
13 > That or every emerge has to scan and parse every ebuild of all
14 > installed packages, adding a high delay.
15
16 Of course you'll need a database (but not in /etc!). It might
17 be /var/db/pkg or separate one, that is an implementation detail which
18 I am not able to tell without knowledge of portage implementation.
19
20 Besides there is such database now - it is your (abused) package.use!
21 You have to manually add entries to it and I do not know any database
22 slower than human typing to a text file ;-) (There is autounmask option
23 of course but then you allow portage to mess with your files which is
24 not a good thing.)
25
26 Robert
30 Róbert Èeròanský