From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Advice for 64-bit n00b?
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2010 09:25:36
1 On Donnerstag 04 März 2010, Stroller wrote:
4 > I'd be really quite happy if I knew that this decision was revocable -
5 > if I could choose "no-multilib" now and change my mind using eselect
6 > later. Presumably I can choose to keep these 32-bit libs for the
7 > moment & blow them away if I find I don't need them - this lib32 is,
8 > after all, in the stage3-amd64-*tar.bz2, so what is the point in
9 > offering me "no-multilib" if I can't do that?
10
11 you can not change on the fly. going from no-multilib to multilib means re-
12 installation.
13 no-multilib is meant for the very brave or people who know exactly that they
14 never need 32bit apps on that box.
15
16 Your manpages will take up more space then those few 32bit emul libs that
17 might or not be installed. So there is no downside going multilib.