From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] complete switch from openssl to libressl on gentoo
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2020 16:52:35
1 Tamer Higazi wrote:
2 > Dear everybody,
3 >
4 > I got my Gentoo system running compiled with openssl.
5 > I'd like to rebuild my entire system based on libreSSL.
6 >
7 > What best practices do you advise ?
10 > Thanks.
13 > best, Tamer
19 If all you're doing is changing a USE flag, emerge -Na world should do
20 it.  If you think it needed, emerge -DNa world.  The -D, deep, may catch
21 a few more packages but I've never tested it.  If you want to go to the
22 extreme, emerge -ea world will recompile everything, changed USE flag or
23 not.  It won't miss a thing.  The first one should work in most cases.
24 If you run into trouble, maybe add the -D.
25
26 The -N is this from man emerge:
27
28 --newuse, -N
29 Tells emerge to include installed packages where USE flags have changed
30 since compilation. This option also implies the --selective  option.
31 USE  flag  changes include:
32
33 A USE flag was added to a package.  A USE flag was removed from a
34 package.  A USE flag was turned on for a package.  A USE flag was turned
35 off for a package.
36
37 Hope that helps.
38