From: "Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC" <chad@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Simple and lightweight SMTP server
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2005 07:14:37
1 On Nov 11, 2005, at 10:15 PM, Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC wrote:
4 >> On Mon, 7 Nov 2005, Alexander Skwar wrote:
5 >>
6 >>> Hi.
7 >>>
8 >>> I'm looking for a very lightweight SMTP server. It
9 >>> should (in order):
10 >>>
11 >>> - Support TLS or SSL for outgoing/incoming connections
12 >>> - Be VERY light on CPU usage
13 >>> - Store mails in Maildir format (or hand it off to an
14 >>> MDA like procmail/maildrop, for them to store the
15 >>> mails)
16 >>> - Relay mail to only one smart host
17 >>>
18 >>> It is important, that the system isn't too heavy on
19 >>> the CPU, as I've only got a MIPSel MIPS 4Kc V0.10.
20 >>>
21 >>> What can you recommend?
22 >>>
23 >>> On normal systems, I always use Postfix, but that's
24 >>> not really "lightweight" :)
25 >>>
26 >>> Thanks,
27 >>>
28 >>> Alexander Skwar
29 > ---
30 > Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC
31 > Your Web App and Email hosting provider
32 > chad@×××××.net
35 Sorry, I had typed in a complete reply but guess my fat fingers hit
36 some key combo by accident that got rid of my text entry.
37
38 My answer would be exim with an appropriate configuration (run time
39 and build time). It is simple to run and configure and does not
40 launch all sorts of various extra processes.
41
42 Chad
45 > --
46 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
49 ---
50 Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC
51 Your Web App and Email hosting provider
52 chad@×××××.net
56 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list