From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Show ebuild date/time in emerge --pretend output
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2014 20:37:40
1 On Fri, 11 Apr 2014 09:30:43 -0400, Tanstaafl wrote:
2
3 > One of the things I do to minimize getting bit by newly released buggy
4 > ebuilds is to wait a few days after a new update is available before
5 > updating...
6
7 Isn't that what the stable tree is for?
8
9 > This works well, and has saved me some serious pain more than once, but
10 > it can be a pain to keep up with the updates sometimes...
11 >
12 > What would be really helpful would be if the emerge --pretend output
13 > could show the date (and time?) that the new ebuild was made
14 > available...
15
16 You could write a script that runs emerge -ublah @world, parses the
17 output and then checks the timestamps of the ebuilds. It could then
18 filter packages based on the age of the ebuild, instead of showing a date
19 and letting you do the work.
23 Neil Bothwick
24
25 All things being equal, fat people use more soap.