From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} Audio CD pre-gap info? (cdrdao?)
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 22:45:58
1 >> Does anyone know of a tool that will provide info on audio CD
2 >> pre-gaps? I've read that cdrdao-utility will do it, but that doesn't
3 >> seem to arrive with Gentoo cdrdao and I don't see a separate package
4 >> for it. It looks like 'cdparanoia -Q' should do it, but it outputs
5 >> "pre no" regardless of the pre-gap.
8 > See the cdrecord/cddda2wav man pages and examples sections...
9 >
10 > To copy an audio CD in the most accurate way, first run
11 >
12 > cdda2wav -vall cddb=0 -B -Owav
13 >
14 > and then run
15 >
16 > cdrecord -v -dao -useinfo -text *.wav
19 > if you like paranoia support, add -paranoia to the cdda2wav options.
20 >
21 > Jörg
22
23 I don't actually want to copy the CD, I just want to know if it has
24 any pregaps. This says that cdrdao-utility will provide the
25 information:
26
27 http://code.google.com/p/rubyripper/issues/detail?id=207&colspec=ID%20Type%20Status%20Summary%20Stars%20Opened%20Modified#c1
28
29 but that binary isn't installed with Gentoo's cdrdao package.
30
31 - Grant
32 --
33 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list