From: Skippy <linuxgn2@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] changing console font
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 2009 12:32:20
1 On Fri, 06 Nov 2009 06:12:06 -0600
2 Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote the words:
3
4 > Neil Bothwick wrote:
5 > > On Fri, 6 Nov 2009 04:19:22 -0700, Skippy wrote:
8 > >> Plus, what is to stop me from changing the font to something
9 > >> non-english and ending up with a system where I can't read
10 > >> anything? :)
11 > >
12 > > Nothing, but even if you don't have X available, or another
13 > > computer to SSH in from, you should be able to type blind enough to
14 > > do
15 > >
16 > > rm -f /etc/init.d/conso[TAB]
17 > > reboot
22 > In other words, save all your work before you try this. LOL
23 >
24 > Dale
25 >
26 > :-) :-)
30 Well, I was going to try this while performing some critical
31 applications, but maybe I'll wait now. :)
32
33 Okay, so even if I shaft it up, X will still function normally then? I
34 suspected that was true, but didn't know for sure. If all else fails I
35 can boot another linux system (I have multiple gentoo installs on this
36 box) and fix the config file.
37
38 I was just curious if there was a way to avoid all this potential pain.
39
40 Thanks, Skippy