From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] changing console font
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 2009 13:16:15
1 Skippy wrote:
2 > On Fri, 06 Nov 2009 06:12:06 -0600
3 > Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote the words:
6 >> Neil Bothwick wrote:
7 >>
8 >>> On Fri, 6 Nov 2009 04:19:22 -0700, Skippy wrote:
9 >>>
10 >>>
11 >>>
12 >>>> Plus, what is to stop me from changing the font to something
13 >>>> non-english and ending up with a system where I can't read
14 >>>> anything? :)
15 >>>>
16 >>> Nothing, but even if you don't have X available, or another
17 >>> computer to SSH in from, you should be able to type blind enough to
18 >>> do
19 >>>
20 >>> rm -f /etc/init.d/conso[TAB]
21 >>> reboot
22 >>>
23 >>>
24 >>>
25 >>>
26 >> In other words, save all your work before you try this. LOL
27 >>
28 >> Dale
29 >>
30 >> :-) :-)
35 > Well, I was going to try this while performing some critical
36 > applications, but maybe I'll wait now. :)
37 >
38 > Okay, so even if I shaft it up, X will still function normally then? I
39 > suspected that was true, but didn't know for sure. If all else fails I
40 > can boot another linux system (I have multiple gentoo installs on this
41 > box) and fix the config file.
42 >
43 > I was just curious if there was a way to avoid all this potential pain.
44 >
45 > Thanks, Skippy
49 You are braver than me. After looking at the names of those fonts, I'm
50 to chicken to try to change them. Be my luck I'd change it to Greek or
51 something and I see enough of that in the man pages. lol
52
53 Let us know how it turns out and what you use. If it is English, I may
54 try it too.
55
56 Dale
57