From: R0b0t1 <r030t1@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Choice of TLD for internal network
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2017 14:37:36
1 On Mon, Dec 18, 2017 at 4:45 AM, Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > On Monday, 18 December 2017 09:49:41 GMT Adam Carter wrote:
3 >> On Mon, Dec 18, 2017 at 1:05 PM, Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
4 >>
5 >> wrote:
6 >> > Hello list,
7 >> >
8 >> > I've been running Linux systems since 1994, calling my private LAN mynet
9 >> > (bowdlerised). Now I come to install neth server on one machine, it
10 >> > insists that I tell it a domain name with at least two dots in it.
11 >>
12 >> That's dumb, and may be an omen on what the rest of it is like.
13 >
14 > Yes, I've been forming a similar impression while wrestling with the
15 > installation. I found I couldn't even touch the partitioning setup without
16 > causing it to fail - and so I couldn't see what it was going to do; I just
17 > had to give it the whole disk to play with, with no others present like USB.
18 > The progress bar stayed static throughout each installation phase, switching
19 > back and forth at the end of each phase. Then, the initial config has to be
20 > done in a browser on another box, after signing in to the web page as root.
21 > The docs don't say that.
24 That is unfortunate. I've been having a bear of a time with Ubuntu and
25 its mail packages, and hoped I could try something less offensive.
26
27 > I'd been encouraged to try Neth by a score of 9/10 in a certain magazine
28 > known to one of our contributors here.
31 Are there any others? I find I keep experiencing issues with the
32 existing configuration, but I still keep looking.
33
34 Cheers,
35 R0b0t1