From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] cmake-2.8.1 build problems
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2010 13:33:55
1 On Wed, Jul 7, 2010 at 9:38 PM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Mark Knecht wrote:
3 >>
4 >> Hi,
5 >>    I was trying to slog through all the libpng problems on one of my
6 >> machines last night but ran into a different issue late in the evening
7 >> where cmake wouldn't build. I haven't been reading this list all that
8 >> carefully and didn't find anything obvious with a quick Google search.
9 >> (Other than some stuff in bugzilla which may or may not relate.)
10 >>
11 >>    Have there been any threads lately where this might have come up?
12 >>
13 >>    There weren't any obvious message on the screen. X isn't working
14 >> due to gdm not starting because of libpng and I didn't have a spare
15 >> machine to ssh from at the time to really study the build log files.
16 >>
17 >>    I wanted to get back to this problem tonight so I'm just taking a
18 >> quick reading on whether there might be some related info out there.
19 >>
20 >> Thanks,
21 >> Mark
24 > My archives go back a year or so.  The only problem I could find was when I
25 > had trouble with KDE compiling.  It wasn't cmake itself that was failing
26 > tho, it was kdelibs.
27 >
28 > I also checked my emerge.log and I have updated emerge with no failures so
29 > far.  You may have to post the error and see if someone can help.  Maybe a
30 > missing/bad USE flag or something.
31 >
32 > Dale
33
34 Thanks Dale. I tried to get on this last night but was foiled again.
35 If I can get some time tonight then I'll post back whatever it's
36 buried in the log file but not written to the screen.
37
38 Cheers,
39 Mark