From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] cmake-2.8.1 build problems
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2010 16:22:36
1 On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 6:32 AM, Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Wed, Jul 7, 2010 at 9:38 PM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >> Mark Knecht wrote:
4 >>>
5 >>> Hi,
6 >>>    I was trying to slog through all the libpng problems on one of my
7 >>> machines last night but ran into a different issue late in the evening
8 >>> where cmake wouldn't build. I haven't been reading this list all that
9 >>> carefully and didn't find anything obvious with a quick Google search.
10 >>> (Other than some stuff in bugzilla which may or may not relate.)
11 >>>
12 >>>    Have there been any threads lately where this might have come up?
13 >>>
14 >>>    There weren't any obvious message on the screen. X isn't working
15 >>> due to gdm not starting because of libpng and I didn't have a spare
16 >>> machine to ssh from at the time to really study the build log files.
17 >>>
18 >>>    I wanted to get back to this problem tonight so I'm just taking a
19 >>> quick reading on whether there might be some related info out there.
20 >>>
21 >>> Thanks,
22 >>> Mark
23 >>>
24 >>
25 >> My archives go back a year or so.  The only problem I could find was when I
26 >> had trouble with KDE compiling.  It wasn't cmake itself that was failing
27 >> tho, it was kdelibs.
28 >>
29 >> I also checked my emerge.log and I have updated emerge with no failures so
30 >> far.  You may have to post the error and see if someone can help.  Maybe a
31 >> missing/bad USE flag or something.
32 >>
33 >> Dale
34 >
35 > Thanks Dale. I tried to get on this last night but was foiled again.
36 > If I can get some time tonight then I'll post back whatever it's
37 > buried in the log file but not written to the screen.
38 >
39 > Cheers,
40 > Mark
43 I see there's a 2.8.1-r2 release this morning. Hopefully that will
44 solve my problems.
45
46 Cheers,
47 Mark