From: Robert Bridge <robert@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo File Manager
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2008 03:20:40
1 On Mon, 22 Dec 2008 20:34:26 -0600
2 Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > Mick wrote:
5 > > Hi All,
6 > >
7 > > I am trying out the Gentoo File Manager, but have run aground with
8 > > the way it opens certain types of files. How can I create an
9 > > association to e.g. use xpdf to open pdf files and OOo (oowriter)
10 > > to open .odt and .doc files? All I get now is a plain text editor
11 > > firing up and opening such files. Same applies with pictures,
12 > > videos, etc.
13 >
14 > For those that are stumped like I was, it looks neat.
15 >
16 > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gentoo_(file_manager)
17 >
18 > I wish this was in portage. I'd like to give this a ride and see how
19 > I like it. Any reason it is not in portage? Does it look neat but
20 > suck in real use or something? I use Konqueror for mine right now
21 > but curious.
22
23 It is in portage, app-misc/gentoo
24
25 However, it's a glib-1/GTK-1 package, so it's pretty outdated in terms
26 of toolkit.
27
28 RobbieAB.