From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo File Manager
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2008 03:27:07
1 Robert Bridge wrote:
2 > On Mon, 22 Dec 2008 20:34:26 -0600
3 > Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
6 >> Mick wrote:
7 >>
8 >>> Hi All,
9 >>>
10 >>> I am trying out the Gentoo File Manager, but have run aground with
11 >>> the way it opens certain types of files. How can I create an
12 >>> association to e.g. use xpdf to open pdf files and OOo (oowriter)
13 >>> to open .odt and .doc files? All I get now is a plain text editor
14 >>> firing up and opening such files. Same applies with pictures,
15 >>> videos, etc.
16 >>>
17 >> For those that are stumped like I was, it looks neat.
18 >>
19 >> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gentoo_(file_manager)
20 >>
21 >> I wish this was in portage. I'd like to give this a ride and see how
22 >> I like it. Any reason it is not in portage? Does it look neat but
23 >> suck in real use or something? I use Konqueror for mine right now
24 >> but curious.
27 > It is in portage, app-misc/gentoo
28 >
29 > However, it's a glib-1/GTK-1 package, so it's pretty outdated in terms
30 > of toolkit.
31 >
32 > RobbieAB.
35 Hey I looked but missed that one. There is a good bit of stuff with
36 Gentoo in it so I missed the very one I was looking for. May give that
37 a look if the dependencies are not to much.
38
39 I wonder how many people think that is Gentoo the OS and they can just
40 "emerge" it? LOL Sort of funny in a way.
41
42 Dale
43