From: "Nelson
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] net.eth0 device initiated services
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2007 12:49:03
1 > -----Original Message-----
2 > From: Matt Richards [mailto:matt@×××××××××.net]
3 > Sent: 03 January 2007 12:06
4 > To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
5 > Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] net.eth0 device initiated services
8 -- snip --
9
10 > it might be a nice idea to look into how knoppix backgrounds the dhcp
11 > process and implement that into Gentoo's init,
12 > i think i did get annoyed with the dhcp process taking ages a
13 > few years
14 > back and just put a '&' at the end of the dhcp line, i cant
15 > remember if
16 > this worked or not tho.
17
18 Does this not then delay services depending on net.eth0? Although it
19 would perhaps make sense to do init scripts in the order:
20
21 1) Everything needed to get eth0 up
22 2) net.eth0
23 3) Non network reliant stuff
24 4) Network reliant stuff
25
26 If this makes sense ... ;>
27
28 David
29
30 Note: These views are my own, advice is provided with no guarantee of
31 success. I do not represent anyone else in any emails I send to this
32 list.
35 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list