From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Heads-up: Several kernel versions have severe EXT4 data corruption bug
Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2012 14:57:40
1 Kerin Millar wrote:
2 > Helmut Jarausch wrote:
3 >> On 10/24/2012 03:54:39 PM, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
4 >>> Kernels 3.4, 3.5, and 3.6 can result in severe data corruption if
5 >>> you're using the EXT4 filesystem:
6 >>
7 >> It looks as if Eric Sandeen has found the culprit and Theodore Ts'o has
8 >> suggested this patch yesterday
9 >> https://lkml.org/lkml/2012/10/28/309
10 >>
11 >> Helmut.
14 > Here's the final patch:
15 >
16 > https://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commit;h=ffb5387
19 > It turns out to have had nothing to do with nobarrier.
20 >
21 > --Kerin
26 Could you explain a little on who it could have affected? Is it more
27 serious or less serious than originally thought? This is for those of
28 us who don't subscribe to the kernel mailing list, which I have read is
29 hugely active.
30
31 Thanks much.
32
33 Dale
34
38 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!