From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Crossover Office and Word 2007
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 22:03:49
1 On Monday 26 January 2009 23:23:18 Robert Bridge wrote:
2 > Alan McKinnon wrote:
3 > > Other than Office 2007 is there any software out there that can *write*
4 > > .docx?
5 > >
6 > > Work requires me to use this format sometimes (it's not negotiable) and I
7 > > can get around it 95% of the time, but the 5% causes me insane amounts of
8 > > grief. Even though Office2007 runs perfectly well in CrossOver, I have to
9 > > put up with that stupid bouncing ribbon, menus that are not there and
11 > > all it's windows undecorated (this last is the worst of the worst...).
12 > >
13 > > Ooo-3 can read these docs but not write them.
14 >
15 > Why can't you use .doc? Anything that can read .docx can read .doc no
16 > problems. I know in work, we are pretty much pushing the sections with
17 > Office 2007 (2008) to use .doc and not .docx...
20 I tried that stunt, and got LARTed with a clue-by-four by my boss's boss :-)
21
22 You'll note that I asked for apps that can *write* .docx. We have this thing,
23 commissioned by the company's parent company, called SharePoint.
24
25 The budget system is on it, the finance managers all use 2007 and the entire
26 SharePoint is almost exclusively 2007 formats. Now, I don't mind ignoring
27 management types, but I think not being able to upgrade the .za auth name
28 servers because Alan can't write to docx is a very weak excuse (even for me)
29
30 :-)
33 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com