From: Robert Bridge <robert@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Crossover Office and Word 2007
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 21:23:21
1 Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > Other than Office 2007 is there any software out there that can *write* .docx?
3 >
4 > Work requires me to use this format sometimes (it's not negotiable) and I can
5 > get around it 95% of the time, but the 5% causes me insane amounts of grief.
6 > Even though Office2007 runs perfectly well in CrossOver, I have to put up
7 > with that stupid bouncing ribbon, menus that are not there and <shock>
8 > <horror> <disgust> a productivity app that insists on launching all it's
9 > windows undecorated (this last is the worst of the worst...).
10 >
11 > Ooo-3 can read these docs but not write them.
12
13 Why can't you use .doc? Anything that can read .docx can read .doc no
14 problems. I know in work, we are pretty much pushing the sections with
15 Office 2007 (2008) to use .doc and not .docx...
16
17 RobbieAB