From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] problem updating KDE breeze
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2018 11:06:21
1 Franz Fellner wrote:
2 > Hi Philipp,
3 > the actual error really is missing.
4 > Can you use pastebin or something similar to upload the whole build.log?
5 >
6 > The number of cores may help to estimate the unmber of compilation
7 > units that still get built.
8 > Unfortunately not with cmake. It usually continues building targets
9 > that do not depend on the failed target.
10 > You may have to scroll up hundreds of lines.
11 >
12 > So, again: Please give us the complete buld.log!
13 >
14 > Thx
15 > Franz
19 Exactly.  Whenever a build fails, the compile phase generally, the first
20 error calls itself error 1.  Since I use Konsole here, I usually use the
21 Find function and search for "error 1" to help find it.  Then I scroll
22 backward until I see what really failed.  As you and I point out, it can
23 be a good ways back.  Usually in my case, it is less than 10 or 15 lines
24 since I have somewhat smaller settings.  Of course, depending on
25 settings, it can be hundreds of lines as you say.
26
27 OP.  The original error is further up.  Otherwise, one would see error 1
28 in there somewhere.  It's sometimes hard to find but it's hiding in
29 there somewhere.  I'm not big on paste bin but if you can't find it,
30 posting a link to it is better than nothing.  As it is, it's going to be
31 hard to help since we can't see what failed, exactly.
32
33 Dale
34