From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Does skencil work for anybody else?
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 19:57:21
1 On 2010-03-12, Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On 2010-03-12, Keith Dart <keith@×××××××××.biz> wrote:
3 >>=== On Fri, 03/12, Grant Edwards wrote: ===
4 >>> Does skencil work for anybody else?
5 >
6 >> You should probably be using inkscape instead.
7 >
8 > I was afraid of that. Inkscape is a bloated monster that's going to
9 > pull in another dozen or two packages. I guess if that's the only
10 > choice...
11 >
12 >> I'm not sure skencil is maintained.
13 >
14 > Apparently not. There's a fork named "sk1" that's still somewhat
15 > active, but it's got its own problem.
16
17 After attempting to use sk1 for a few minutes, I've given up on it.
18 It crashes regularly. Exporting to a .eps file just plain doesn't work
19 (it writes 'sk1' format data to the file).
20
21 The user interface is full of breakage: if you export a drawing and
22 then do a 'save', it overwrites the _exported_ file rather than saving
23 in the original drawing file.
24
25 It also spews a constant stream of errors and tracebacks when doing
26 anything at all.
29 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! Look into my eyes and
30 at try to forget that you have
31 gmail.com a Macy's charge card!