From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Does skencil work for anybody else?
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 19:18:21
1 On 2010-03-12, Keith Dart <keith@×××××××××.biz> wrote:
2 >=== On Fri, 03/12, Grant Edwards wrote: ===
3 >> Does skencil work for anybody else?
4
5 > You should probably be using inkscape instead.
6
7 I was afraid of that. Inkscape is a bloated monster that's going to
8 pull in another dozen or two packages. I guess if that's the only
9 choice...
10
11 > I'm not sure skencil is maintained.
12
13 Apparently not. There's a fork named "sk1" that's still somewhat
14 active, but it's got its own problem. Most notably, there's no
15 batch-mode export. There's a program called "uniconvertor" that
16 supposedly uses the sk1 engine to convert between various vector
17 graphics files, but it can't even read an sk1 file.
18
19 > BTW, I have the exact same problem with skencil.
20
21 Apparently skencil is not compatible with tk 8.5.
24 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! ... I want to perform
25 at cranial activities with
26 gmail.com Tuesday Weld!!