From: reader@×××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] New eth.0/openrc setup - I'm confused
Date: Thu, 01 May 2008 21:48:05
1 After updating to 2008 pkgset after merging openrc I lost the
2 net.eth0 link.. I see other have seen this and even at least 2 bug
3 reports but the cure is said to be recreating by hand.
4
5 I find that not to work... DETAILS:
6
7 First, net.lo is itself a symlink to /lib/rc/sh/net.sh, so I'm
8 creating a symlink to a symlink... ok so far.
9
10 once its created (net.eth0 as symlink to net.lo) the usual commands
11 for stopping or checking status etc don't work.
12
13 /etc/init.d/net.eth0 start/stop/status gives me results that appear
14 not to have anything to do with reality.
15
16 # /etc/init.d/net.eth0 restart
17 * ERROR: net.eth0 has been stopped by something else
18
19 # /etc/init.d/net.eth0 start
20 * WARNING: net.eth0 has already been started
21
22 meantime netstat indicates no changes at all.. eth0 is up throughout.
23
24 So what is the correct procedure here?
27 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list