From: Albert Hopkins <marduk@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] New eth.0/openrc setup - I'm confused
Date: Thu, 01 May 2008 22:00:10
1 On Thu, 2008-05-01 at 16:47 -0500, reader@×××××××.com wrote:
2 > After updating to 2008 pkgset after merging openrc I lost the
3 > net.eth0 link.. I see other have seen this and even at least 2 bug
4 > reports but the cure is said to be recreating by hand.
5 >
6 > I find that not to work... DETAILS:
7 >
8 > First, net.lo is itself a symlink to /lib/rc/sh/net.sh, so I'm
9 > creating a symlink to a symlink... ok so far.
10 >
11 > once its created (net.eth0 as symlink to net.lo) the usual commands
12 > for stopping or checking status etc don't work.
13 >
14 > /etc/init.d/net.eth0 start/stop/status gives me results that appear
15 > not to have anything to do with reality.
16 >
17 > # /etc/init.d/net.eth0 restart
18 > * ERROR: net.eth0 has been stopped by something else
19 >
20 > # /etc/init.d/net.eth0 start
21 > * WARNING: net.eth0 has already been started
22 >
23 > meantime netstat indicates no changes at all.. eth0 is up throughout.
24 >
25 > So what is the correct procedure here?
26
27 Did you try
28
29 # /etc/init.d/net.eth0 zap