From: Andrew Lowe <agl@×××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Clang has gone walkabout
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2017 09:13:38
1 Hi all,
2 Do we have any clang users out there? I've had clang installed on my
3 machine for ages and a simple "clang test.c" will result in an
4 executable. I can even nearly build my whole machine using clang, so its
5 up and running. I've now just updated clang, from a working 3.9.1 to a
6 4.0.0-r1 and clang has now disappeared. If I type in "clang --version",
7 I get "command not found". "whereis clang" only gives me the library
8 dir. Doing "ls -la /usr/bin/cla*" gives me "No such file or directory"
9
10 I've run the install several times. I've even uninstalled both clang
11 and llvm and then reinstalled and still the same. The only thing that I
12 can think of is that whilst doing the original update, for some reason
13 my machine crashed during the clang install. This may have screwed
14 something up.
15
16 Has anyone managed to do the install/update and have a working latest
17 clang?
18
19 Thoughts/comments greatly appreciated,
20
21 Andrew
22
23 p.s. Looking in the /usr/lib64/clang/4.0.0 dir shows plenty of libraries
24 in there.