From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Clang has gone walkabout
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2017 15:58:08
1 On 04/10/2017 12:13 PM, Andrew Lowe wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 > Do we have any clang users out there? I've had clang installed on my
4 > machine for ages and a simple "clang test.c" will result in an
5 > executable. I can even nearly build my whole machine using clang, so its
6 > up and running. I've now just updated clang, from a working 3.9.1 to a
7 > 4.0.0-r1 and clang has now disappeared. If I type in "clang --version",
8 > I get "command not found". "whereis clang" only gives me the library
9 > dir. Doing "ls -la /usr/bin/cla*" gives me "No such file or directory"
10
11 This is normal. You just need to logout of the system and in again for
12 the updated environment.
13
14 Some packages can modify the environment, so it's usually best to
15 logout/login after every update.