From: Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What is the release date for 2006.1?
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2006 06:10:23
1 Justin R Findlay schrieb:
2 > On Wed, Aug 02, 2006 at 05:40:17PM -0700, Richard Fish wrote:
3 >> Well the main reason is because profiles will disappear from portage
4 >> after a certain amount of time, and you can't really run without a
5 >> profile!!
6 >
7 > Right, but I still don't understand why it doesn't auto update when it's
8 > "ready",
9
10 Why should it? If I set the profile to $whatever, I've got my reasons
11 to do so.
12
13 > because for people like me who rarely visit the gentoo main
14 > page I'm not going to know about a new profile unless I manually look
15 > around in /usr/portage/profiles.
16
17 And because of lazy people, other people have to suffer?
18
19 I don't think that this is the right way to go.
20
21 Alexander Skwar
22 --
23 Spock: We suffered 23 casualties in that attack, Captain.
24 --
25 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list